Can we share our files on GitHub ?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Chrisk
Has voted: 1 time

Can we share our files on GitHub ?

Post by Chrisk »

Hello,
just a general question about PowershellStudio, i know that there is informations encoded in files of a project, and i wanted to know if it's secure to share our files on a plateform like GitHub.
I mean there is no license information or other in files of our project ? (.psproj, .ps1, .psf, .pss)

Thx for your time
Chris.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Can we share our files on GitHub ?

Post by davidc »

Yes, it is perfectly fine to share your projects files on GitHub. Your license information is not stored in project files. But I highly recommend removing any sensitive information, such as the alternate credentials in the packager settings.

If you just wish to just share the exported / generated script, then be aware that it may contain recover information. You can disable this feature in the options:

Options->Designer->Export->Embed recovery data in exported scripts

The recover data allows a user to reconstruct the project or file from the exported script.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.