Error while trying to deploy scripts

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
STM001

Error while trying to deploy scripts

Post by STM001 »

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2018 5.5.154
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bits
Operating system:Windows 10 1709 Enterprise
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bits

Hello,

I've created a powershell studio project that include files from various project. It's used to create a modules package. Since I want to deploy only the psm1 and psd1, I imported all of those file into my package. This work fine. Under "Deployment == settings", I see all my file. In destination, I've input the network share I will use to store this. When I click on "Deploy", I get "Error: cannot copy to xxx". I tried giving all users full control on the folder, didn't work. I can write without any problem in this folder, and share permission is on all users full control also. I don't get what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you
Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: Error while trying to deploy scripts

Post by Olga_B »

Hello,
Could you be more specific what type of Network share are you using?
STM001

Post by STM001 »

simple ntfs share on a windows 2016, access with \\server\share\folders
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

Thanks.
We are investigating this and will update you as soon as we have more information
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

I can't reproduce it on our side.
Have you try to map network drive, and use the mapped drive?

Is the credentials for the share correct?
STM001

Post by STM001 »

There's no way to specify any credentials when using the deploy option. But I tried giving everyone full control and it didn't work. What's weird is that it's working on some share and not other, and sometime it's specified folder but not other even when I have the same permission. Is there a way to have a debug log file to see what's going on when doin deploy?
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

Based on this comment:
'What's weird is that it's working on some share and not other, and sometime it's specified folder but not other even when I have the same permission.' I would say it's network connection problem.

Did you try to map the network share to the drive, and use it?
Can you copy any files to the specified folder using explore?
Does user credentials on your system same as a credentials for network share?
Try to run PS Studio as administrator, and see if it solves the problem
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The error message is more specific: Error: Cannot copy %s to %s
Could you please provide the ACTUAL full error message? Maybe we can see something in the path specifiers.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

I attached an updated version of PSBuild.exe:
PSBuild.zip
(183.36 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Please backup and replace the existing version, which is located in the installation directory of PowerShell Studio.

Then re-deploy the project and see if you get a different error message.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.