Not Responding

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cmhamm

Not Responding

Post by cmhamm »

Product, version and build: 5.5.154_080918_x64
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

Powershell Studio 2018 freezes when trying to open a specific script or project containing that script. This was working fine for a while. Eventually, it would open the project, but would freeze when trying to open the specific script. Now, it freezes when I even try to open the project that the script is part of. If I make a copy of script and try to open it, it still locks up. Note that during this whole time, no changes have been made to the script.

All of this leads me to believe that there is some cached information, or something, that is causing the application to freeze. I've tried rebuilding the cache prior to loading the script, and that does not work. I've also tried a repair install of the software, which had no effect. I've restarted the computer numerous times, to no effect.

Are there temporary files somewhere that I can delete? Is there something I can do in the application to get it back to the working state that it was in a few weeks ago?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: After a very long time, an error message popped up. It is "Unhandled Exception: Array dimensions exceeded supported range." Hopefully this may provide insight as to what is happening. Thanks again!

EDIT 2: Upon dismissing the error above, the script displays, and there is a line highlighted in the syntax checker. The line is:

Code: Select all

Set-Variable -Name "knownFilePath" -Value ([System.IO.Path]::Combine("\\", $procHost, $procShare, $procPath, "conf", "$($configFileObject.BaseName).known.csv")) -Description "File string for the known files path" -Scope Global
The error says "Missing closing ')' in expression" however there are three left-parentheses and three right-parentheses in that line, so I'm thinking something in the parsing engine is having trouble? But I can't explain why this would have changed, despite the code not changing.

EDIT 3: Below is the message from ErrorLog.txt
--------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

[2018.09.04 - 10:58:46] Unhandled Exception:
Array dimensions exceeded supported range.
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.EnsureCapacity(Int32 min)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Add(T item)
   at ..(Int32& , List`1& , Boolean )
   at ..(Int32& )
   at ..(IToken , Int32& )
   at ..()
   at ..()
   at ..()
   at ‚..OnActivated(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Active(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ActivateMdiChildInternal(Form form)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmMdiActivate(Message& m)
   at DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm.WndProc(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
--------------------------------------------------
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Not Responding

Post by davidc »

Can you zip and upload the problem ps1 script?

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload

It most likely has to do with the contents of the file.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
cmhamm

Post by cmhamm »

Done - Also, looking at Task Manager, the RAM usage for PowerShell Studio.exe is growing. I assume the error is probably when it runs out of RAM.

Thanks again!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Thank you, I was able to reproduce the issue and it will be resolved in the next service release.

In the meantime, open the script in any other editor and add in the missing parenthesis and it will prevent the issue from occurring.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.