Several issues started after upgrade to 5.5.153

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
administrators@counterfort.be

Several issues started after upgrade to 5.5.153

Post by administrators@counterfort.be »

Hi,

I have several issues with Powershell Studio (i think started after upgrade to 5.5.153):
  • When I open ps1 files from Windows: instead of opening it in Powershell Studio it tries to open C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\SPS 5.5.154.0\install\6BA857E\Powershell Studio 2018.msi (which doesn't exist, only folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\SPS 5.5.149.0 exists there). Right-click context menu edit doesn't work as well, what does work is context menu Edit with Powershell Studio. I tried open with and defining the powershell studio exe manually, tried setting default programs and filetype associations but nothing helps.
  • If I type a command and type a space right after it always opens the help panel about that command which is very annoying. Can't find that this is a shortcut or how I can disable this?
  • Powershell core should be supported but I can only select Powershell 32 bit & 64 bit, versions don't go further than 5.x. Is there anything manual I still have to do?
Any ideas?

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2018 5.5.154
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10 1803
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Several issues started after upgrade to 5.5.153

Post by davidc »

1. The first item comes up when Windows installer thinks something didn't install correctly. The remedy is uninstalling and reinstalling the product.

2. If you don't want to see help as you type, you can uncheck the option in:

Options->"Editor->Show cmdlet help while typing"

3. PowerShell Studio auto-detects PowerShell Core on start up. To help you further, please answer the following questions:
- What version of PowerShell Core do you have installed?
- Where do you have PowerShell Core installed? Program Files?
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
administrators@counterfort.be

Re: Several issues started after upgrade to 5.5.153

Post by administrators@counterfort.be »

Thanks David, everything worked out :)
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.