Script no longer works after upgrade to 5.5.154

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
sandve

Script no longer works after upgrade to 5.5.154

Post by sandve »

Product, version and build:
PowerShell Studio 2018 v5.5.154
Operating system:
Microsoft Windows x64 [Version 10.0.17134.228]

A Windows Tray App script that was working in version 5.5.153, no longer works after upgrading to version 5.5.154. It simply starts and immediately stops without error, without performing the desired actions. This happens in the studio and as a binary.

I tried uninstalling version 5.5.154 and reinstalling version 5.5.153, but the issue persists.

** Update **
With version 5.5.154, I created a new project and copied the Startup.pss from the old project. It started working.
I've attached the new project, in case you can detect what the difference might be.

Attached is a copy of the project folder before the problem started. And copy after starting fresh.
Attachments
RDHelper.new.zip
Fresh project
(76.75 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
CachedData 2018.zip
(2.73 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
RDHelper.zip
Before issue
(71.91 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Script no longer works after upgrade to 5.5.154

Post by davidc »

I see that the Startup.pss file has a psbuild file. That likely means you packaged the individual file instead of the project as a whole which would result in a script that exits without calling the main function.
Make sure the project is open before building the packaged executable.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.