PowerShell Studio 2018 (auto accept EULA switch help)

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
farl.maxwell@texascapitalbank.com

PowerShell Studio 2018 (auto accept EULA switch help)

Post by farl.maxwell@texascapitalbank.com »

Good morning,

I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to obtain a standalone installer for just the PowerShell Studio 2018 component (have the other 3). Understanding that the SPS18Setup_5.5.151_042418_x64.exe file does not work as a silent install for SCCM deployments, I had one follow up question regarding the EULA acceptance prompt.

Has anyone been able to accept the EULA automatically when the installer runs? I have tried the following and none have worked. All syntax tested with Yes at the end as well. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

set PTH=%~dp0
"%PTH%\SPS18Setup_5.5.151_042418_x64" /examples_below

ACCEPTEULA=1
AcceptEndUserLicenseAgreement=1
ACCEPTEULA=1
ACCEPT=1
EULA=1
IACCEPTSPS18Setup_5.5.151_042418_x64LICENSETERMS=1

Product, version and build: 5.5.151
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 7 & 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

Thank you,

Blind
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PowerShell Studio 2018 (auto accept EULA switch help)

Post by Alexander Riedel »

There is really no stand-alone installer for just PowerShell Studio. I am not sure why you would need to make something auto-accept the EULA.
If you run the installer in silent mode the EULA dialog is not displayed.
/qn would be the MSI argument you are looking for to do a silent install
You may also have to add /exenoui
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

Thank you for the reply Alexander, but based on the official reply the /qn switch apparently will not work when pushing the application via SCCM unfortunately (I'll be very happy if you have other information to share). Locally /qn works great, but we are trying to automate the install for our users.

If I misunderstood anything I apoloigize.

Thank you,

Farl
Alexander Riedel

Official reply from whom? Microsoft?
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

Checking into this, you only have a single user license, that is registered to your account. You are aware I presume that this will not unlock for multiple users. Just checking :D
Alexander Riedel

Morning Alexander,

Thank you for kicking the tires on this with me. The reply came from David w\Sapien in a thread I posted about a week ago (see below)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12965

You are correct that I have a single license registered and you would also be correct that it will not work with others :D

My challenge has been to leverage an automated way to deploy the software via exe or even MSI (which is also failing) through SCCM to all users that do have a license for the product. David w\Sapien on Friday verified for me that no stand alone installer is available (only the bundled version) which is unfortunate for those wanting to automate the delivery.

Hope this clarifies a few things,

Blind
Alexander Riedel

As far as I know many of our customers use SCCM to deploy our software.
/exenoui /qn should work for ALL installers, which what others use.
You would need to deploy ALL pre-requisites first, including .NET framework and Visual Studio 2017 runtime if those are not already installed.
If there is an error we would need to see the installer log. I assume you know how to produce that.
Alexander Riedel

When using SCCM and the .exe provided it only installs the PowerShell Studio 2018 only (not the 3 additional components). If we run the same commands locally it works like a charm (all 4 components are installed). This is what prompted the ask of an independent installer. I'll see if we can't provide the installer.log file as any assistance we may receive would be greatly appreciated.

If you have customers that are using the switches referenced /qn etc, then I'm a little confused with the other thread I linked to where it appears internally Sapien is aware of an issue with SCCM and the /qn switch?

Thanks,

Blind
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

During a silent install, the prerequisites are not installed. Therefore, you must install the prerequisites before installing PowerShell Studio. You can download the prerequisites from your registered products page:

https://www.sapien.com/account/products

Unfortunately, we don't have much control over this behavior and it is not limited to SCCM.
David
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.