Script Driver error when running selection

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jw8080

Script Driver error when running selection

Post by jw8080 »

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2018, 5.5.153
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

Every time I try and do run anything with Shift-F8 or "Run Selection" I get:

Script Driver: "Server Socket failed to send: 0"

I have tried to clear the local cache, and reinstall but to no avail.

Does anyone have anything else I could try to resolve this error? It seems to work fine if I did "Run Selection in Console"

Thanks!
Last edited by jw8080 on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Script Driver error when running selection

Post by davidc »

I have a few questions for you before I can help you further:

1. Did Run / Debug work for you before?
2. If it did, was it same build or previous build?
3. Have you recently installed a Window update?

Just in case, try rebooting and see if that helps. In the meantime, Run in Console is a good work around until we can resolve the issue.

Note: The cache has nothing to do with this issue.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jw8080

Post by jw8080 »

1) I just installed this, so it hasn't worked before. Just doing Run also gives the same error.
2) Same build
3) No, as just installed Powershell 2018 Studio and had the issue.

Also, once I press OK on the error that comes up I actually do see it work and display the output normally. So not sure why this Dialog box is coming up at all.

I have a 1 liner that just is doing

get-process

So it's nothing complex that it's doing for the script itself.
davidc

Post by davidc »

The process that runs the script is trying to communicate with PowerShell Studio IDE and the process is failing to connected.

Please check that PowerShell Studio.exe and the ScriptDriverXX executables are not blocked by a firewall.

The ScriptDriver executables are located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SAPIEN Debugger 2018

Also, what build version of Windows 10 is this? And does this computer have network access?
David
jw8080

Post by jw8080 »

Local Windows Firewall is off.

Going to :C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SAPIEN Debugger 2018 and double-clicking ScriptDriver32.exe or ScriptDriver64.exe then produces the same error message.

Windows 10 OS Build: 14393.2248

Yes, it has Network/Internet Access.
davidc

Post by davidc »

That is an older build of Windows 10 then I have. I will have the team attempt to recreating the issue using a similar build.

In the meantime, can you install the trial version of PrimalScript and see if you are able to run your scripts from there?

https://www.sapien.com/software/primalscript
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

Out of curiosity, what TLS settings do you have checked in Control Panel->Internet Options->Advanced?:
Internet Options - TLS Support.png
Internet Options - TLS Support.png (37.33 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
David
jw8080

Post by jw8080 »

Yes, just installed PrimalScript, is that included when purchasing Powershell Studio?

From PrimalScript then :
When clicking "Run" it has the exact same error: ScriptDriver: "Server Socket Failed to send: 0" then it does return the actual intended output in the console?

So it almost seems to be calling that executable in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SAPIEN Debugger 2018" then displaying the error, existing out and still working as it does return the output to the console. Not sure exactly why those executables that were created in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SAPIEN Debugger 2018 do not work? Should they work directly? guessing not, or is a way to test those executables directly?

When doing: Run in Shell, or Run selection in Shell that seems to work properly but that output seems to be outputting directly to the PowerShell console window. aka that is a blue window.
jw8080

Post by jw8080 »

internetoptions.jpg
internetoptions.jpg (142.96 KiB) Viewed 2714 times
davidc

Post by davidc »

PrimalScript is a separate license, but is included if you purchase the SAPIEN Software Suite.

The Scriptdriver executables will not function correctly when double-clicked in File Explorer. It has to run in the context of PowerShell Studio or PrimalScript. These executables are the process that actually runs the script and send the results back to the IDE.

We will continue investigating and will get back to you if we have any updates. If you are able to see the results in the Output panel, ScriptDriver may be reporting a false error.

Note: The Run in Console commands, use the embedded PowerShell console, which is the original PowerShell console executable.
David
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.