Exchange 2013 cmdlets missing after upgrade to v5.5.153

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
crankygeek01@gmail.com

Exchange 2013 cmdlets missing after upgrade to v5.5.153

Post by crankygeek01@gmail.com »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build:
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system:
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit Windows 10

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

Upgraded to version 5.5.153, I am now unable to see any Exchange 2013 cmdlets.
I have refreshed the cache using the Refresh Local Cache button multiple times. It doesn't help at all.

How do I get my Exchange 2013 cmdlets back?

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Exchange 2013 cmdlets missing after upgrade to v5.5.153

Post by davidc »

Please check your platform settings. Some of those legacy snapins are 32 bit or 64 bit only.
Platform Settings.png
Platform Settings.png (12.98 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
crankygeek01@gmail.com

I have checked all 64 bit and 32 bit platforms both V5 and v2. The snapins are loaded in any of them. I have also rerun the caching utility on v5 32 bit to see if they would show up and they do not.
davidc

Post by davidc »

For clarification, are you able to load the snapin in your scripts without error?
Please check the following logs to see if the snapin is listed or to see if there is an error message:

SnapinV2_64bit.log
SnapinV2_32bit.log
SnapinV5_64bit.log
SnapinV5_32bit.log

Located in: C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\CachedData 2018\Local Machine\

If you need to, you can manually add the snapin via the CacheEditor:
Ribbon - Cache Edit.png
Ribbon - Cache Edit.png (15.02 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
Simply check the snapin from the list (if available) and press the Build button.
David
crankygeek01@gmail.com

I have checked the log files in question, there are no errors and Exchange is not listed in any of them.

As far as loading the mods manually, there seems to be ex2010 module....but nothing that states 2013
SnapinMods.jpg
SnapinMods.jpg (36.58 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
davidc

Post by davidc »

What is returned when you run the following:
  1. Get-PSSnapin -Registered
Run this in PowerShell Studio (V5 - 64 bit).
David
crankygeek01@gmail.com

David,

Thank you for all your help.....Manually registering the Exchange commands except for the ex2010 seems to have worked.
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.