Version 5.5.153 - Script Signing cropping last lines of code

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mnelson

Version 5.5.153 - Script Signing cropping last lines of code

Post by mnelson »

Product, version and build:
32 or 64 bit version of product: Sapien PowerShell 2018 5.5.153
Operating system: Windows 10 Edu 1803 July '18 Patch
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

The newest update has been creating a problem with script saving and certificate signing. When a change is made, the script signing deletes the last line (Or overwriting it). This can be problematic as it's been replacing/cropping closing brackets or even overwriting my code.

Thanks for any advice or updates you can provide! This didn't happen in 5.5.152 update.
Attachments
Before making a change
Before making a change
2018-07-31 11_29_40-SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2018.png (15.52 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
after making a change and the script is signed
after making a change and the script is signed
2018-07-31 11_30_16-SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2018.png (11.87 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Version 5.5.153 - Script Signing cropping last lines of code

Post by davidc »

We are unable to reproduce this issue on our end.

Please take a screenshot of your signing setting (Options->PowerShell) and if you can, zip and upload the script in question here:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload

Does this occur with a particular script file or all your files?
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mnelson

Post by mnelson »

Sorry in advance for the delays busy trying to finish projects and work before the start of the new semester.

So it does it with pretty much any script that I have. When you save the file, it crops the last line from the script and replaces the Signature Block. Saving it multiple times without having created empty lines will cause it to clip/crop the last lines of my code.

We use an internal PKI Certificate infrastructure that I created that hasn't had any issues. If I use a script signing tool I have, it doesn't have any of the issues, it just updates the Signature Block. I have another computer with version 5.5.152 that doesn't have the problem with the script files I use on my primary computer.

I might have to remove 5.5.153 from my primary as it has caused some occasional problems for me. :P

I'll upload a reduced version of my script when I get the chance. Some of the material within is internal and sensitive.
Attachments
Script Signing Settings
Script Signing Settings
2018-08-09 14_04_37-SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2018.png (24.53 KiB) Viewed 2106 times
davidc

Post by davidc »

We are still unable to reproduce the issue. We plan to release a new build next week, so let's see if the issue persists with the new version.

If you are encountering other issues, I highly recommend posting them here so that they can be addressed.
David
mnelson

Post by mnelson »

Just installed 5.5.154 today and it seems to have resolved the issue. Might have been a weird bug, but it was present on my and other co-workers install of .153. The behavior was never exhibited in .152.

Just thankful that the .154 update is working again! Much appreciated team.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear the issue has been resolved.
David
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.