PowerShell Studio Git integration

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PsCustomObject-2

PowerShell Studio Git integration

Post by PsCustomObject-2 »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2018 v5.5.153
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10 build 1803
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

Hello,

first of all many thanks for implementing the Git integration which is a feature I was really looking for, given the fact I live inside PowerShell studio it makes my life a lot easier.

I only could try this today and have couple of questions.

When I create a new file and use the Add file button I was expecting something the plain Git Add command from bash prompt but apparently what happens behind the scenes is a git add + git commit with a standard commit message.

Let me elaborate I have a script I just modified, I click the add button then the commit one and get asked a commit message but when I do push to upstream repo my message is completely ignored and I just get an Initial commit message that I never specified.

On the other hand if I just use the Commit button message is correctly passed to the Git repo.

I wonder am I doing something wrong? Or simply misunderstood some of the new functions?

Of course Git on my system is installed according to davidC instructions in a previous post, I even went through a new install just to be on the safe side.

Thanks in advance for any help.
PsCustomObject-2

Re: PowerShell Studio Git integration

Guess I should've looked harder as found my answer here https://www.sapien.com/blog/2018/07/02/ ... l-support/

I tried to create a new file and just use the commit button but get this:

Code: Select all

error: pathspec 'Test-ScriptGit.ps1' did not match any file(s) known to git.
Which is fine, so I wonder is there a way to customize the initial commit message? In the article it is mentioned more articles are on the way on how to customize commands and even define new ones and I would be really grateful if you could give an hint on where this would be configured as would really help me configuring git to my needs.

For the time being I'll stick with good old CLI but really looking forward evolution of this feature :)
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

We are working on a blog article for next week that will show you how to customize Git in PowerShell Studio and PrimalScript.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PsCustomObject-2

Many thanks david!

Appreciate your time to reply and looking forward the article!

Thanks for making my life so pleasant, I think it would take me twice the time to do my work without PS Studio!
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.