SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) x64.exe Labeled as Virus by SCEP

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jbolduan

SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) x64.exe Labeled as Virus by SCEP

Post by jbolduan »

I'm running Sapian Powershell Studio 2017 version 5.4.143. System Center Endpoint Protection (Microsoft Defender) just detected "SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) Win32.exe" as matching two separate viruses (Ditertag.B and Zpevdo.A) I was wondering if anyone else has seen this or if this is only on my machine.

I'm running Windows 10 Education 1803 Build 17134.112, System Center Endpoint Protection from SCCM CB with threat definitions version 1.271.722.0.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) x64.exe Labeled as Virus by SCEP

Post by davidc »

Thank you for notifying us. We continuously scan our software and older builds of the packager engines have been known to be flagged as false positives. I highly recommend submitting the executable to the anti-virus vendor so that can verify the false positive.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jbolduan

Re: SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) x64.exe Labeled as Virus by SCEP

Post by jbolduan »

I submitted the file to Microsoft for analysis. I had a co-worker update to the latest version of PS Studio and they did not get a false positive so it may be some confluence of conditions on my machine that triggered a false positive.

Thank you for the assistance.
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.