PowerShell Studio 2018 with TFS

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
CoryEtmund51

PowerShell Studio 2018 with TFS

Post by CoryEtmund51 »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2018 version 5.5.152.0
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10 - build 1607
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

We are trying to setup PowerShell Studio 2018 with our TFS server so we can check in and check out PowerShell scripts. I've downloaded the most recent version of team explorer and installed it within my VS 2017.

I've read in multiple posts to use the "Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2013&2015 MSSCCI Provider 64-bit", but that does not work with VS 2017. When I install it, it forces me to install VS 2013 or 2015. Is there a newer provider that we will be able to use so we can make this possible? We really do not want to have to rely on an unlicensed and older version of VS to complete this enhancement.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: PowerShell Studio 2018 with TFS

Post by davidc »

Sorry for the late reply.

With the new PowerShell Studio release (v5.5.153) we added a new Universal Version Control system that utilizes the command line tools of source control providers. Hopefully we will be able to create a configuration on for TFS 2017 in the near future. For now, the only way to integrate TFS is to use the older provider or create you own external commands using the Custom Tools Menu:

https://www.sapien.com/blog/2016/05/23/ ... -the-menu/
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.