Unable to debug in project created with PowerShell Studio 2016

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
morenarosagroup

Unable to debug in project created with PowerShell Studio 2016

Post by morenarosagroup »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2018 / Version 5.5.150
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

I've been facing issues debugging a project in PowerShell Studio 2018 created with an older version of PowerShell Studio (2016).

When I set a breakpoint the debugger doesn't stop at all. I've searched the forum and saw some people having this issue before.

How can I solve the problem?

Regards,

Everton Bernardi
cody m

Re: Unable to debug in project created with PowerShell Studio 2016

Post by cody m »

Hello,
While we take a look into what might be causing this I would just like to make sure that you are clicking the Debug button rather than the Run button.
debug button.png
debug button.png (14.77 KiB) Viewed 2199 times
morenarosagroup

Hello Cody and thank you for your response.

I'm starting the program with the F5 shortcut. I've already tried to click on the Debug button to no avail.
If I create a new project, everything works as expected.

Regards
cody m

Post by cody m »

is it possible that the code where the break-point is placed is not being executed? if possible could you upload your Project to https://www.sapien.com/support/upload and reference this post so we can take a look?
morenarosagroup

Cody,

I've placed a breakpoint over a click event of a button and that was the problem. I should have placed it within the code. Now the debugger works as expected.

Thank you so much!
cody m

Post by cody m »

You're Welcome, glad I could help.
This topic is 5 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.