Drag, drop, crash....

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
robert.ganshorn

Drag, drop, crash....

Post by robert.ganshorn »

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2018 5.5.148.0
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

Every once in a while when dragging a control from the left pane to the form I am working on, the program will suddenly hang with the crosshair flashing and also the form window. It will flicker for about a minute before the program just closes by itself. Progress is lost..

Faulting application name: PowerShell Studio.exe, version: 5.5.148.0, time stamp: 0x5a6afaa6
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.7.2117.0, time stamp: 0x59cf526c
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x000000000017a753
Faulting process id: 0xcd0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3c554e7594fcb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PowerShell Studio 2018\PowerShell Studio.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 79b69e1c-32b1-11e8-a5e3-34f39a16afbb

Rob
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Drag, drop, crash....

Post by davidc »

Please try updating to the latest build and let us know if the issue persists.

In the meantime, we try to recreate this issue but before we do we have questions:

1. Does this happen on any Form or a specific file?
2. Do you recall what control was dragged?
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
robert.ganshorn

It has happened on different forms I have created. It's very rare and maybe a few times I was able to regain control without the application crashing. I was dragging a textbox to a form this last time.

Rob
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

Rob,
If you can, please zip and load up the original psf file(s), so that we can attempt to recreate the issue:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
robert.ganshorn

I will wait and see if I can reproduce this first.

Rob
This topic is 5 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.