Filegroup files not showing in recent file list

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
computernations

Filegroup files not showing in recent file list

Post by computernations »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2018
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Win10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
I have created a filegroup and opened and closed it several times in PowerShell Studio but this is not showing up in the recent file list. Do I have to enable this file type or do something else to see the filegroup file in my recent file list?

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
mxtrinidad

Re: Filegroup files not showing in recent file list

Post by mxtrinidad »

You do not need to enable file type for the filegroup file to appear in the "Recently Opened" Start page.

Once created and in use, the filegroup file will show under the "Recently Opened" files in the start page. But, it will not remain there is you keep opening individual files.

Also, if you open a file to be added to the filegroup, you'll need to "create" the filegroup again to replace the existing one.

:)
computernations

Hello All,
I'm still not able to see filegroup files in recent file list. Does anyone have any experience with this bug/problem/software issue on my computer only?
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Because I haven't seen it on this ticket, which is your PowerShell Studio Version? Are you opening multiple instances of PowerShell Studio?

I'm on version 5.5.150 and I can't repo the issue you're experiencing. The only time I won't seen the filegroup file listed in the "Recently Opened" list is if I opened many individual scripts when not using the Filegroup.
computernations

Using this command (get-process -Id $pid -FileVersionInfo).FileVersion on my Sapien PowerShell Studio 2018 I got this information
10.0.16299.15 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

I have 4 .ps1 files that I normally open every day. I have opened the 4 files and then created a .filegroup file. I then open and close the filegroup file several times in a row but it still doesn't show up in the recently used file list. Thank you for your time and assistance.
This topic is 6 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.