AutoSave forces a Refresh on current open file

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
clhumphr

AutoSave forces a Refresh on current open file

Post by clhumphr »

Version: 64 bit PowerShell Studio 2018 v5.5.150

Each time Auto Save kicks off, the file I am working on will do a refresh that expands any "Folded" section be it a function or a comment that has previously collapsed. Which can be/is quite a distraction as you watch your screen scroll up or down while you’re typing out a line of code. I don't see this auto save/refresh having any effect on created "Regions".
This has only recently started, I'm not sure if it was right after I upgraded to 2018 or after one of the last few 2018 updates. I looked through the settings again but I did not see anything that would turn the "Refresh" on or off.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: AutoSave forces a Refresh on current open file

Post by davidc »

This is strange behavior indeed and we have yet to reproduce it.

Please check the following:

1. Do you have the Options->General->"Update change files automatically" checked?
2. Just in case, check if there duplicate tabs open for the same file.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
clhumphr

Post by clhumphr »

davidc wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:55 am This is strange behavior indeed and we have yet to reproduce it.

Please check the following:

1. Do you have the Options->General->"Update change files automatically" checked?
2. Just in case, check if there duplicate tabs open for the same file.
Checked that setting "Update change files automatically" is unchecked
Only one tab open no duplicate tabs
As for reproducing it, I am working on a .ps1 file right now with several sections folded that include IF, Switch and block comments.

If it helps I can attach my settings .xml. I would attach the .ps1 file however it would take me a bit of time to remove all of the internal references.
davidc

Post by davidc »

If you want to keep the files private, you can upload it here:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
David
clhumphr

Post by clhumphr »

Files have been uploaded
thanks,
davidc

Post by davidc »

I found the issue. It is caused by the "Automatically sign ps1 scripts when saving" option.

When a file is saved, the editor automatically reloads the file to display the signature and it is not able to persist the state of the nodes.
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

Please try the v5.5.152 build that we released today. We made some changes to help preserve the node states when signing the file.
David
This topic is 5 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.