Exchange Snapins not loading for PowerShell Studio 2018

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
marmenta

Exchange Snapins not loading for PowerShell Studio 2018

Post by marmenta »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2018 Version 5.5.148
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

I recently upgraded from PowerShell Studio 2017 to 2018. Following this all of the Exchange snap-ins no longer show. How do I get these to load into the Studio so intellisense will work?
I've added screen shots showing that the Exchange Snapins are registered on the machine, but not showing in the Studio.
Attachments
Registered_Snapins.jpg
Registered_Snapins.jpg (97.17 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
Snapins.jpg
Snapins.jpg (21.86 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Exchange Snapins not loading for PowerShell Studio 2018

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It's because it is an old snapin. According to Microsoft all snapins *should* be loadable by import-module. But that is not true for these really old snapins. We are working on a solution.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
marmenta

Post by marmenta »

Ok, thank you for the update.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

We just released the service build (v5.5.149). Please try this build.

After install, it should automatically rebuild the cache.
David
marmenta

Post by marmenta »

I'm on version 5.5.150 now and the cache rebuild didn't work on it's own. I had to run the CacheBuilder64.exe, but all the snap-ins show now. Thanks for quick fix!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the update. You can rebuild the cache using the Ribbon->Home->Platform->Refresh Cache:
Refresh Cache.png
Refresh Cache.png (33.03 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
David
This topic is 6 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.