Version Recall not listed as a provider in Options > Source Control

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
regismartel

Version Recall not listed as a provider in Options > Source Control

Post by regismartel »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2018 v5.5.148
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

I can't get Version Recall listed as a provider in Options > Source Control. The "Enable Source Control" checkbox is checked.I have created a repository in Version Recall. I have tried reinstalling Version Recall.

From the Source Control Integration chapter in Powerstudio Manual:
... Note that your source control provider must be displayed in the Provider list; if it is not, then source control is not properly installed and will not be available to PowerShell Studio.

Powershell Studio will automatically detect the presence of the source control client and automatically display it in the Providers list box. If your source control client does not appear in this box, then shutdown Powershell Studio and it should appear on restart.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong here.

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Version Recall not listed as a provider in Options > Source Control

Post by davidc »

Option->Source Control is for traditional check in/ check out MSSCCI providers.

PowerShell Studio automatically detects Version Recall and you can access Version Recall using the Ribbon->Source Control->Version Recall tab.
Source Control Tab.png
Source Control Tab.png (31.22 KiB) Viewed 1984 times
Note: You must configure a repository in Version Recall first, before the buttons can enabled.

In Option->Backup->Version Recall, you can configure PowerShell Studio to submit a version when you close a file.
Submit on Close.png
Submit on Close.png (22.46 KiB) Viewed 1984 times
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
regismartel

Post by regismartel »

I guess I got confused by the sentence
Your source control software must either be VersionRecall from SAPIEN Technologies...
in the product manual and by the screen capture below that shows a product by SAPIEN listed in the providers.

I got everything working now. Thank you for your help.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Thank you, I will pass that along so the documentation team can correct that.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.