Intellisense / Primalsense Module issue

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jakepetrowicz

Intellisense / Primalsense Module issue

Post by jakepetrowicz »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2017 v5.4.145
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system: Windows 10 1709
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

Hi,
I am struggling with intellisense / primalsense for a few modules, Primarily VMWare PowerCLI. I have the modules in the object browser, but no commandlets within them. I've tried refreshing the cache, and also removing it and re-adding to the cache.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (13.29 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
PowerCLI Version
----------------
VMware PowerCLI 6.5.1 build 5377412
---------------
Component Versions
---------------
VMware Cis Core PowerCLI Component 6.5 build 6983166
VMware VimAutomation Core PowerCLI Component 6.5 build 6234650

Also ActiveDirectory seems to be struggling.It only works when I edit cache and remove the module, and refresh.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Intellisense / Primalsense Module issue

Post by davidc »

Often times when a module is empty, it is because the cache was unable to load the module. This can happen for any number of reasons:

- The execution policy restricts the module.
- The module is "Block" (Downloaded from the internet)
- The user doesn't have the necessary permissions.
- The module is restricted to a particular host.

In you can, please zip and upload the following folder:

C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\CachedData 2017\Local Machine

You attach the zip to this topic of upload it here:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload

The cache might give us a better idea as to what is happening.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jakepetrowicz

Post by jakepetrowicz »

I've uploaded the zip.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

I was able to reproduce the issue. The cmdlets are listed in the cache file but for some reason they are not listed under the module.

We will be releasing PowerShell Studio 2018 next week and we revamped the cache structure. I recommend trying the new build once it is released.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.