Build to .exe adding "\x64\" directory.

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Shock2k

Build to .exe adding "\x64\" directory.

Post by Shock2k »

Is there a way to turn this off? I'm pushing it to my staging directory where I build out an .MSI, but he \x64 thing is messing that up.

To be clear, the path I have put in is:
C:\Users\shock.MCSB\OneDrive\Powershell\Working\Validate-UCSHealth\Staging\

The path that the process adds is:
C:\Users\shock.MCSB\OneDrive\Powershell\Working\Validate-UCSHealth\Staging\x64 (It adds the x64 dir)

Thanks!
cody m

Re: Build to .exe adding "\x64\" directory.

Post by cody m »

PSS does this so that different version of the same program do not get mixed up. There are a couple things you can do to change this behavior, you can either use Post-build commands to move the newly created .exe into your staging folder or you can add commands to the deployment option in PSS so that it copies over your file before it builds the msi.

Here is an article with more information about it.
https://www.sapien.com/blog/2014/04/14/ ... 14-part-3/
This topic is 6 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.