Unable to load ActiveRoles Commandlets In PowerShell Studio

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
drukamp
Has voted: 1 time

Unable to load ActiveRoles Commandlets In PowerShell Studio

Post by drukamp »

Hello,
I am trying to get the Quest ActiveRoles snap-in to show up when writing scripts in PowerShell Studio. Here are my system and version information:
Running on Windows 7 (6.1 build 7601: Service Pack 2)
Also running on Windows 10 (1607 build 14393.0)
PowerShell Studio 2017 v5.4.145 (installed on the Win7 and Win10 systems)
PrimalScript Version 7.3.109 (installed on the Win7 and Win10 systems)

When I try typing a commandlet from ActiveRoles, it does not show up in the list and therefore not recognized.
ScreenShot.png
ScreenShot.png (5.16 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
I have read through other posts regarding this, but nothing has worked so far. Hopefully there is just a simple setting I am missing to have this snap-in automatically load every time PowerShell Studio and PrimalScript are launched.

Thank you in advanced.
cody m

Re: Unable to load ActiveRoles Commandlets In PowerShell Studio

Post by cody m »

I know you have read through some other posts and have tried a few things to trouble shoot this, but have you tried refreshing the local cache?
Attachments
RefreshCache.JPG
RefreshCache.JPG (42.03 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
drukamp
Has voted: 1 time

Post by drukamp »

Hi Cody,
That worked! Thank you so much!

- Mike
cody m

Post by cody m »

You're welcome Mike.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

About the QUEST "One Identity Active Roles" version 7.2 application, verify you can find the modules install at the PowerShell Console first:

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Get-Module -ListAvailable ActiveRoles* | Select-Object Name, version, Path | Format-List

Name : ActiveRolesConfiguration
Version : 7.2
Path : C:\Program Files\One Identity\Active Roles\7.2\Shell\ActiveRolesConfiguration\ActiveRolesConfiguration.psd1

Name : ActiveRolesManagementShell
Version : 7.2
Path : C:\Program Files\One Identity\Active
Roles\7.2\Shell\ActiveRolesManagementShell\ActiveRolesManagementShell.psd1

In PowerShell Studio, open the "Cache Editor", click the "Import Module" button, and search for the desired *.psd1 file to load the module.
To complete the import click on the "Build Cache" button, then click "Close" to exit the Cache Editor.

At this time the browser will display the imported module "ActiveRolesManagementShell".
No Snapins here!
ActiveRoles_2018-02-12_19-38-09.jpg
ActiveRoles_2018-02-12_19-38-09.jpg (300.52 KiB) Viewed 2597 times
I'm hoping this helps!
(See Image)
This topic is 6 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.