very annoying behavior (at least for me)

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Domtar
Has voted: 2 times

Re: very annoying behavior (at least for me)

Post by Domtar »

here it is!
Attachments
version.png
version.png (6.8 KiB) Viewed 4389 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

The string toggles the quotes as soon as you type the backslash and not when you select a path from the PrimalSense list. Is this Correct?

From the sounds of it, it seems that the Toggle Quotes command [Ctrl + Alt + "] is getting triggered. Possibly a keyboard micro, because the application does not modify the editor contents when displaying the PrimalSense list.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

as stated in my initial post: as soon as I type the backslash in the string,

:-)

FYI, this behavior happened on my old computer and it now happens also on my new computer at work. 2 different computers, same behavior.

thanks!
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

something just hit me and it could be relevant since you mentioned a keyboard macro or such.

my keyboard is french-canadian.

thanks!
cody m

Post by cody m »

Is your keyboard a french-Canadian legacy keyboard or is a french-Canadian multi-cultural keyboard. More specifically, do you have a dedicated key for the backslash key or do you have to press a combination of keys in order to get to it?
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

canadian-french keyboard

I need to press a combination of keys:

r-alt + `
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

hi support,
any update?
thanks!
cody m

Post by cody m »

We are working on getting french-Canadian keyboards in order to help identify what is causing the error, since all attempts to reproduce this bug have been unsuccessful.
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

is it that hard to install the french canadian keyboard? just wondering...
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The onscreen keyboard did not allow us to produce this problem. So we have to get an actual keyboard. I hope that clears this up.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.