Undo not working in designer for form items that were moved

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
lazarith

Undo not working in designer for form items that were moved

Post by lazarith »

There really might be two issues here, but the undo working would have solved the first easily and has caused me problems in the past.

I accidentally hit center horizontally on about a dozen form items and their labels when I meant to hit center vertically. This caused it to move most almost all of the items off the form and no longer able to be seen or selected. Finding the items in the toolbox and manually setting a location that was onscreen and then moving them to the correct spot is the long solution.

This mistake would be fairly minor except the undo does not work when moving items around in designer. The undo appears to undo something but not the item move. This is also concerning because I don't know what it is actually undoing. I found a thread from 2016 about this same issue but no resolution.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10032&p=54494&hili ... ndo#p54494

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2017 v5.4.145
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64
Attachments
offscreenitem.PNG
offscreenitem.PNG (11.08 KiB) Viewed 917 times
formsize.PNG
formsize.PNG (11.6 KiB) Viewed 917 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Undo not working in designer for form items that were moved

Post by davidc »

If you can, please upload the form and include the necessary steps to reproduce this issue in the notes:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload

This way we can try to reproduce the issue on our end.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.