No Prompt w/ Windows Application Engine EXE on UNC

Support for all customers who have purchased a SAPIEN PowerShell Studio product license. This forum does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
mbrinkhoff

No Prompt w/ Windows Application Engine EXE on UNC

Post by mbrinkhoff » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2017 5.4.145
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10.0.14393
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

I have a simple script that takes input via Read-Host. When I build the script using the Windows Application Engine host (2, 3 or 5) and run it from the ./bin/x86 folder it prompts me like I would expect. When I copy it to another location that is a UNC path w/o a mapped drive letter the app still launches but it never gives me the prompt. If I map a drive letter to the path and run the same executable that I copied it works as expected.

Ideas..?

davidc

Re: No Prompt w/ Windows Application Engine EXE on UNC

Post by davidc » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 am

I was able to recreate the issue and we are investigating. As soon as I have an update, I will post here.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

davidc

Re: No Prompt w/ Windows Application Engine EXE on UNC

Post by davidc » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:42 pm

We found the issue and it will be resolved in the next service release.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.