Sapien PowerShell Studio 2017 debugger very slow

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Ravi Lobo

Sapien PowerShell Studio 2017 debugger very slow

Post by Ravi Lobo »

I'm using Sapien PowerShell Studio 2017 version 5.4.142. I noticed the debugger is very very slow. Takes up to 5 minutes to come out of the busy mode. Whereas the exe created from the project runs fine. Did anyone else noticed this issue? I noticed this after installing the latest updates. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Sapien PowerShell Studio 2017 debugger very slow

Post by davidc »

Hello Ravi,

Sorry to hear about the delay. We recently changed the debugger to query dynamic properties, which is likely contributing to the delay. If you can, please zip and upload your project here:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload

This way we can try to reproduce the issue on our end and see what can be done to improve the performance.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Ravi Lobo

Post by Ravi Lobo »

David,
This is a large project with lot of DB queries. It will be difficult to zip and upload. I understand this change was made in the last few versions. We were quite happy, without this new change. Is there a way to rollback to a version before this change was made?
davidc

Post by davidc »

I understand. And yes, you can go back to the previous build v5.4.141. To download the build, please go to My Account->Registered Products page then click on the Archive link under your product subscription. From the archive list, you should be able to download the 5.4.141 version.
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

Please try the latest service build (v5.4.143) and let us know if the issue is resolved.
David
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.