PrimalSense no longer color codes project functions

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jon_dechiro

PrimalSense no longer color codes project functions

Post by jon_dechiro »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2017 5.4.142
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 8.1
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

I have a project with a lot of ps1 files. Each ps1 file is a function that is included when the project is built. PowerShell Studio converts them to functions that I can call with Invoke-NameOfFile with parameters. I have parameters defined for all of these functions and PowerShell Studio used to allow tab completion of the parameters and color code them.

Starting about an update or two ago that stopped working. My program still works just fine when built, however, when editing I no longer see any of the color coding or get tab completion for my functions. PrimalSense still works for standard .NET libraries and any assemblies I have added like PowerCLI. It just stopped working for all the files in my project.

What I have tried so far:

- Rebuild cache
- Uninstall / reinstall
- Cleared out SAPIEN directories from %APPDATA%, Program Files, and registry keys between uninstall / reinstall
- Created a new project as a test and it does the same thing
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: PrimalSense no longer color codes project functions

Post by davidc »

Thank you for reporting the issue. We are investigating the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Note: Project functions are not affected by the cache or external files.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc

Post by davidc »

We found the parameter issue and it will be resolved in the next service release.

Do the reference functions themselves get colored? Running a test on our end only showed issues with the parameters.
David
jon_dechiro

Post by jon_dechiro »

Excellent, glad you were able to reproduce.

Yes, the reference functions are colored and the hover over text even shows the parameters with their types. Just the tab completion and color coding of the parameters is what appears to be broken.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the clarification.
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

Please try the latest service build (v5.4.143) and let us know if the issue is resolved.
David
jon_dechiro

Post by jon_dechiro »

Yes, it is working now. Thanks for fixing so quickly!
This topic is 6 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.