Snippet Editor Bug?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dave.wiard

Snippet Editor Bug?

Post by dave.wiard »

I have a user snippet that includes the following text.
# Copyright © 2017
When this gets saved to the snippet file it appears to be correctly saved in UTF-8 format (as identified by Visual Studio Code).
<Code Language="PowerShell">
	<![CDATA[# Copyright © 2017
]]>
</Code>
When I return to the Snippet Editor to make changes it does not look right.
# Copyright © 2017
This can be duplicated in every time. Create a new snippet with the copyright symbol, save it, close it, reopen it.
dave.wiard

Re: Snippet Editor Bug?

Post by dave.wiard »

Also, if I delete the  it returns the next time the snippet is opened. If I do not delete it before saving the file there are two the next time it gets opened.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Looks like some type of conversion error. We will look into it.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

[Topic moved to correct forum by moderator]
Please makes sure to post in the correct forum to start with. It prevents us from having to come back and ask questions that are listed in the post template.

Please indicate the exact version of the product and the snippet editor you have installed.
Alexander Riedel
dave.wiard

Post by dave.wiard »

These are the versions I am currently running. This has been happening for some time but I only now have taken the time to post this issue.

PowerShell Studio 2017 v5.4.140

Snippet Editor 1.1.19
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

This issue should be resolved in the latest service release of PowerShell Studio (v5.4.141).
David
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.