Support Forums

Unable to run any script files from the script pane

Support for all customers who have purchased a SAPIEN PowerShell Studio product license. This forum does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
barnold08

Unable to run any script files from the script pane

Postby barnold08 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Product, version and build: 4.5.149
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: x64
Operating system: Windows 10 1607
32 or 64 bit OS: x64
PowerShell Version: 5.1.14393.1066
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

Hello,
I'm not sure what I did, but any script I to try to run in Powershell Studio from the script editor the output says "The term '%scriptfullname% is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program..." and says "ObjectNotFound: (%Scriptfullname%) [], CommandNotFoundException". Un/Reinstalling Powershell Studio, that didn't fix it. I do not have this problem in Powershell ISE. Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks in advance!
davidc

Re: Unable to run any script files from the script pane

Postby davidc » Fri May 19, 2017 5:37 pm

I don't believe I have seen this before. If you can, please answer the following question:

1. What platform settings are you uses? PowerShell V5 or V2? STA Mode? 64 Bit or 32 bit? etc.
2. If you create a new ps1 script with the following command, do you still get the error?

Write-Host 'Hello World'

3. Do you get the error if you use Run selection?
4. Does the error include a line number?

Thank you,
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
barnold08

Re: Unable to run any script files from the script pane

Postby barnold08 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:47 am

Thank you for the response! Great minds think a like... I previously created a script file called "Hello-World.ps1" and the only line in the file is "Write-Host "Hello World!"". Here is the output:

>> Running (Hello-World1.ps1) Script...
>> Platform: V5 64Bit (STA)
ERROR: C:\Temp\Hello-World1.ps1 : The term 'C:\Temp\Hello-World1.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check
ERROR: the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
line (1, 1): ERROR: At Line: 1 char: 1
ERROR: + C:\Temp\Hello-World1.ps1
ERROR: + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ERROR: + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Temp\Hello-World1.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
ERROR: + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
ERROR:

>> Execution time: < 1 second
>> Script Ended

Any Thoughts? I'm sure it's something dumb I did on accident...

Return to “PowerShell Studio”