Cannot "Run Remotely RSEE" when using RSEE 2017

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
datacore.glenn

Cannot "Run Remotely RSEE" when using RSEE 2017

Post by datacore.glenn »

PowerShell Studio 2017 v5.4.139
Windows 10 Pro x64

Hello Support,

I have installed the RSEE 2017 service on a Windows 2012 R2 server. If I choose "Debug Remotely" (Ctrl+F6) from my laptop's instance of PSS2017, then everything seems fine and well, and my script executes as expected on said remote server:

>> Remote Debugging (Project.ps1) Script...
>> Remote Host: host.domain.tld
>> Platform: V5 64Bit (STA)
>> Connecting to RSEE Host...
>> Connected
<script output here>

However if I choose "Run Remotely RSEE" (Shift+F6), then it just hangs, never seemingly making the connection to the remote RSEE service:

>> Remote RSEE Execute (Project.ps1) Script...
>> Remote Host: host.domain.tld
>> Connecting to RSEE Host...

The connection is never made, nor ever times out, and I have to click "Stop" to exit.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Kind regards,
Glenn
datacore.glenn

Re: Cannot "Run Remotely RSEE" when using RSEE 2017

Post by datacore.glenn »

Anyone?

Thanks,
Glenn
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You have the RSEE ports open? They are different than the debugging ports.
2017-05-23_9-55-50.png
2017-05-23_9-55-50.png (16.2 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
datacore.glenn

Post by datacore.glenn »

Hello Alexander,

Yes, I did check this. Since the two machines are located on an internal private network I have disabled the firewall on both completely for the purposes of testing. It made no difference.

With reference to the port details you sent, looking at the remote system (machine to be debugged), I can see that only the "RSEE Receiving" port is bound and listening, not the "Debugging Receiving" (9985):

netstat -a
TCP 0.0.0.0:9987 TEST-HOST:0 LISTENING

Kind regards,
Glenn
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The debugger will only listen when invoked. Which is incidentally over the regular RSEE port, so that communication must work.
I will investigate what the potential problems could be.
Alexander Riedel
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Please test this using the latest service release of PowerShell Studio (v5.4.141).
David
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.