PS Studio can't detect DSA.MSC

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ISAssets

PS Studio can't detect DSA.MSC

Post by ISAssets »

Product, version and build: PS Studio 2017 (5.4.135)

32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit
PowerShell Version: 5

I'm getting odd behaviour whereby "Test-Path c:\Windows\System32\dsa.msc" returns false in my "app" and in the debug console. However I go to the normal console in PS Studio, it returns true.

I don't think I'm doing a good job of describing the issue so hopefully this GIF of the problem in action makes more sense.
Animation.gif
Animation.gif (255.21 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
Can you please advise what I'm doing wrong?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PS Studio can't detect DSA.MSC

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Since C:\Windows\system32 is a mapped path and directed to two different physical folders in 32 and 64 bit mode, the most common cause for this is a platform mismatch.
I can see in your animation that you use a 64 bit console, but I cannot see the platform you have selected for PowerShell Studio. Note that the 64 bit version of PowerShell Studio can run your scripts in 32 and 64 bit mode.
Make sure it is also set to 64 bit and see if that resolves your issue.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
ISAssets

Re: PS Studio can't detect DSA.MSC

Post by ISAssets »

Alexander Riedel wrote:...Note that the 64 bit version of PowerShell Studio can run your scripts in 32 and 64 bit mode.
Make sure it is also set to 64 bit and see if that resolves your issue.
This was the issue. Thanks very much for your time :)
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.