Automatically expand check box exands non-PS code in PS Studio

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Ravi Lobo

Automatically expand check box exands non-PS code in PS Studio

Post by Ravi Lobo »

When I opted for "automatically expand aliases" my TSQL code became a victim. Thought, I'd bring it up to the product team.
automaticallyExpandAliases.png
automaticallyExpandAliases.png (20.92 KiB) Viewed 2450 times
DevinL

Re: Automatically expand check box exands non-PS code in PS Studio

Post by DevinL »

When text is contained within a String it should never be expanded, and I'm currently unable to reproduce this on my end.

Can you please provide the following information? It'd greatly help in our attempt to find a solution for you:

1) Which version of PowerShell Studio do you have installed?

2) Which steps did you take to get the text to expand?

3) Can you provide the script before it was expanded so we can attempt to reproduce it on our end?
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Ravi Lobo

Post by Ravi Lobo »

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce the error. One of our scripts was failing, and I saw the incorrectly expanded T-SQL code. This is in PowerShell studio 2016. I have upgraded to 2017 now. May be that fixed it. I'll keep an eye. If i see the exception again, i'll post it here.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Glad to hear it's no longer an issue. If it crops up again, be sure to post it here and we'll take care of it as soon as possible.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.