Problem error 1603: unattended Installation with Software Deployment Tool with System admin account (session 0)

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bgsapien

Problem error 1603: unattended Installation with Software Deployment Tool with System admin account (session 0)

Post by bgsapien »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2017 v5.4.138
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: Powershell Studio 2017
Operating system: Windows7 Enterprise SP1 with german language pack
32 or 64 bit OS: x32
PowerShell Version: 5
Problem: error 1603,

Hello again,
just a few questions again to topic unattended Installation with system account, which results still with error 1603
we simulate System Account installation session0 with sysrun.exe (attached in ZIP)

Situation Steps:
1.) After Download e.g. SPS17Setup_5.4.138_032917_x86.exe and open its file properties I see this Security info (attached in ZIP issue01.jpg)
"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"
I push then button "Unblock"so I do not receive during the installation this "Open File Security Warning" message(attached in ZIP issue01afterRunInst.jpg)
2.) I tryed to run installation then with following command which was leading to error 1603
start /wait "" c:\Progra~1\XXXXXX\Install\PowershellStudio\SPSSetupX32.exe /exenoui /exenoupdates /exelog c:\Progra~1\XXXXXX\LOG\Sapien\SapienPS.txt /qn
(see attached Log-File SapienPS.txt)
3.) Just to find out what's going on I started in a ADMIN DOS Shell this command
start /wait "" c:\Progra~1\XXXXXX\Install\PowershellStudio\SPSSetupX32.exe /exenoui /exenoupdates /exelog c:\Progra~1\XXXXXX\LOG\Sapien\SapienPS.txt
Shortly after that I saw the Powershell Studio 2017 License Agreement which I confirmed and next pushed INSTALL button
Than screen changed to show info "Extracting & Installing prerequisites software" at the I got this Error Message (attached in ZIP InstallError.jpg)
4.) I just downloaded again your installation source files and have done same action like on step 1.)
Than tryed to install with system account it on a Windows7 Enterprise SP1 client with default english language pack as system account but this time it went through without an error !
After that I logged off and logged in with an user with no admin rights and startet Powershell Studio, but then UAC admin Message popped up and showed (attached in ZIP 1stStart.jpg)
Program Location to run "c:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PowerShell Studio 2017\RegisterControls.exe /REGALL /s"
What for is this RegisterControls.exe ?

Questions:
Would you mind telling me what are the prerequisites to install and run Powershell Studio 2017 correctly?
- user with admin right not system account(session 0) ?
- need admin right to run and having internet access (we have a license file)

Does Powershell Studio have the option to be installed without any user interaction in a Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 environment
via a software deployment tool which is using "System Account" in session 0 for installation
Or does the installation work only with a logged in windows users with ADMIN rights and using it than needs admin rights (1st run)!?

regards AM
Attachments
InstallInfo.zip
Install Infos & Screenshots in ZIP Password is sapien
(184.11 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Problem error 1603: unattended Installation with Software Deployment Tool with System admin account (session 0)

Post by Alexander Riedel »

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... er-package

PowerShell Studio can be installed unattended like any other Windows Installer application. The MSI switch for a silent installation is /qn
as documented here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx

Any prerequisites are installed by our installer is necessary.

If you have a license file, internet access is not required to activate the software.

Registercontrols.exe needs to run on the startup. It registers COM objects to the current user for other platforms. The Windows Installer cannot register the same COM object for 32 and 64 bit during install.
Elevation is required for this step.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.