Executable creation broken in PowerShell Studio 2017 v5.4.137

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Executable creation broken in PowerShell Studio 2017 v5.4.137

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We discovered a problem in the latest release. There was a wrong app packaged in our installer. We are working on it right now....
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

A new build (5.4.138) is now available. It should resolve your problem.
Alexander Riedel
PGomersall

Post by PGomersall »

Alexander,
I did some testing.
1) Deactivated PSS2017. Uninstalled PSS2017v137, removed all trace from system - registry, appdata and Documents folder.
2) Installed v137 activated etc. Tested building the ps1 to v5 command line. Ran from PS > still broke.
3) Deactivated PSS2017. Uninstalled PSS2017v137, removed all trace from system - registry, appdata and Documents folder.
4) Installed v136 and did same tests; exe works now as it should.

Since I need working PSS I will leave at v136. Is this a problem with v137 generally; just my install of v137 or because it is v137 on WS2106 or something else entirely?
Let me know if you need to do anything else to track down what the problem is.
Pete
Alexander Riedel

See my post above. You need build 138.
Alexander Riedel
PGomersall

Post by PGomersall »

Thanks, Alexander, I saw your posts just after I submitted my last 1.
PGomersall

Post by PGomersall »

Alexander,
Sorry about this but with all the messing about with uninstall\install etc. C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\SAPIEN Updates is missing. Clicking "Check for Updates" doesn't work. Is there method to manually install this component? Just copying to folder from my laptop doesn't work.
Pete
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Hey PGomersall,

I would first like to say that I'm about to recommend a third party software to help remedy this situation and that I suggest making a backup or creating system restore point before continuing so that in case something does go wrong, you have a stable build to fallback on.

That being said, I run into things like this quite often when testing frequent updates to test builds, and the easiest way I've found to solve it is to use something like Revo Uninstaller to uninstall PowerShell Studio and all of the remaining references it can find. If you use this to remove PowerShell Studio, you can then install the latest version (5.4.138) directly from your account page and it should function as expected.

If you have any trouble, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread and I'll do my best to assist you.
DevinL
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.