Unable to preview project forms

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
weiyen.tan@gmail.com

Unable to preview project forms

Post by weiyen.tan@gmail.com »

Product, version and build: 2017 v 5.4.135
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product:
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit
PowerShell Version: v5

I decided to create a new form project and import some existing forms that I created seperately. I removed all existing forms in the project and then imported the existing ones.

The existing forms get added to the project but as soon as I click Run to preview the project it just shows me a grey screen.

Is there a proper way to import files properly?

Many thanks

Wei-Yen Tan
DevinL

Re: Unable to preview project forms

Post by DevinL »

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce this on my end.

There should only be one way to import files into a project, which is by clicking on the Add Existing File button in the project panel:
2017-02-01_8-33-23.png
2017-02-01_8-33-23.png (12.85 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
First, can you verify that you're calling the correct form from the Startup.pss?

Or if you're able to, can you upload the project here? If you'd prefer, you can upload it to https://www.sapien.com/support/upload and then it will remain private.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
weiyen.tan@gmail.com

Post by weiyen.tan@gmail.com »

Sorry about that Devlin, Loooks like at this stage it was me not being patient enough. Just waited a bit and everything came right. :)

BTW, a side question I noticed that in your screenshot you have helper functions. Does those get called into memory when the project is run?
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Glad to hear the problem resolved itself :)

As for the screenshot, the Helper_Functions.ps1 does indeed get added to the project when it's run. You have to enable the "Shared" property for that file which is available here:
2017-02-01_10-27-46.png
2017-02-01_10-27-46.png (12.13 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
When you set this property to true the functions inside the file will be available throughout the project.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.