Sapien Updates progress bar doesn't work

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
PGomersall

Sapien Updates progress bar doesn't work

Post by PGomersall » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:02 am

Product, version and build: 5.4.135
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: WS2016
32 or 64 bit OS: 64
PowerShell Version:

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

This is a very minor point but it reflects badly on the product. So it is my assumption there is supposed to be a progress bar in the Sapien updates dialog to show download and install progress. This has never worked.
SapienUpdatesDialog.png
SapienUpdatesDialog.png (84.29 KiB) Viewed 837 times

DevinL
Site Admin

Re: Sapien Updates progress bar doesn't work

Post by DevinL » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:57 am

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I've filed an internal bug report and when I have some news to share, I'll be sure to post it here.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

DevinL
Site Admin

Post by DevinL » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:44 pm

I spoke with the team and the progress bar is actually working as intended.

Currently, the progress bar increments based on the file downloaded, so when you are updating more than one product it shows when the first one is complete and the second has begun.

Instead, I've filed this as a feature request and hope they add it in the future.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

PGomersall

Post by PGomersall » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:55 pm

OK, but I don't think this should be a feature request. Don't you think the "design" is bad and involving poor logic? The progress of the bar should be proportional to the current set of what is been downloaded\installed not some possible set of installations.
Thanks though.