V3 32bit and V3 64bit are gone after update

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
GHIsolierung

V3 32bit and V3 64bit are gone after update

Post by GHIsolierung »

('Poweshell Studio 2017 v.5.4.134' x64 on Windows 10 x64, Update from PSS 2016)@ Powershellversion 5

Hello, I found many answers for this problem, but to be honest I dont understand them. Please clarify if possible,

On my Windows 10 LTSB x64 Workstation , I updated from PSS 2016 to 2017, after that there was no more
Powershell Version V2 and V3 to work with.

Then I tried "C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PowerShell Studio 2017\RegisterControls.exe" to register the other ones again, but this brought back only V2.

I need V3 for most of my applications to work,

"https://www.sapien.com/blog/2015/12/21/ ... ll-studio/"
I read this article, but cannot believe it is simply gone, in Version 2016 it was there.

And now, after installing 2017, it converts my application to the new Version, and I think I will not come back to if I reinstall 2016?

Can you please give me exact Information on how to access my old projects with V3?

Thanks in advance.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: V3 32bit and V3 64bit are gone after update

Post by davidc »

Only PowerShell V2 can be installed side by side with new versions of PowerShell. In your case, V5. Therefore, V3 will not be listed in the platform settings.

PowerShell Studio does include a CacheEdit tool that will allow you to create a V3 cache even if the version isn't installed locally:
Ribbon - Cache Edit.png
Ribbon - Cache Edit.png (15.02 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
Selected add new Powershell version from the cache pull down menu:
CacheEdit - Add New PowerShellVersion.png
CacheEdit - Add New PowerShellVersion.png (42.77 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
And then select V3 from the list and copy from V5:
CacheEdit - Selected V3.png
CacheEdit - Selected V3.png (7.07 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
Press OK and then close the CacheEdit and restart PowerShell Studio.

Now you should be able to select V3 from the platform settings:
Platform - Select V3.png
Platform - Select V3.png (20.87 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please make sure you understand that the steps suggested by Devin only create an IntelliSense cache for V3. It WILL NOT INSTALL OR ENABLE PowerShell V3 on your machine. If you have Windows 10, you have PowerShell Version 5 and a V2 mode. You cannot install or downgrade the PowerShell version on your computer since Microsoft has not devised a way to do so.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
GHIsolierung

Post by GHIsolierung »

thank you.
This worked for me.
This topic is 7 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.