Error after installing on another computer

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
nwills22

Error after installing on another computer

Post by nwills22 »

Product, version and build - :SPS15 4.2.99
32 or 64 bit version of product:64
Operating system:Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64
PowerShell Version: 2

I installed Powershell Studio on another computer and copied my scripts and form files over. when i go to load a form I am getting errors. One of them is - " Unable to load Testfile.TempPoint.psf (File Format: v2.1), because it was created with a different version of SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2015
SCCMTool2.TempPoint.psf: Unable to determine object class" I go to check for any updates and nothing happens. How do I get past this? I can create a new form but just cant load any of my old forms.

Im using the same installation executable as the first install.
DevinL

Re: Error after installing on another computer

Post by DevinL »

Both of these errors stem from one thing, someone opened your forms in a version of SPS that is later than 4.2.99. When this happens the files are updated to the latest file structure and a backup copy is stored in the same directory as <Filename>.psf.bak which has the previous file structure. If you can locate these files then you can remove the .bak extension and the forms will work as expected.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.