Layout Bug and Features Request

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
OraDotNetDev

Layout Bug and Features Request

Post by OraDotNetDev »

Hi There,

Just watched JuneB's walk-through on layouts - very useful feature I missed :shock:

I do have an issue with the Layouts functionality, though.

I save a new debug Layout called "Test Layout" to a Network folder say Z:\Sapien\Layouts, I then apply another (predefined) Layout which works. If I then go and pick "Test Layout" nothing happens. When I restart PS Studio "Test Layout" is not available in the pick list. Unfortunately profile roaming is not properly enabled in this environment so changes made to the layouts are only available on the local profile and will not roam.

Following on from this I have some feature requests/suggestions.

1. Allow folder for Layouts to be set: Options -> General -> Directories

2. a) Allow the default profiles to be overwritten,
b) Add "Restore Default Layouts" under Options -> Panels

3. Add a config editor/organiser allowing you to sort, delete, reorder, set/show default Layouts for a given state

Skipping implementation specific details I think it be pretty useful to surface the options to allow all Layouts and their preferences to be managed.

Thanks

OraDotNetDev

PS Studio 2016 x64 (5.3.131)
Windows 7 x64 (SP1)
PowerShell Version: 5.0.10586.117
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Layout Bug and Features Request

Post by davidc »

As of now, the layout must be located in the following folder:

C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\PowerShell Studio 2016\Layouts

Otherwise the application will not find the file. We will add a check to ensure the layout isn't listed if saved elsewhere.

I added a request to customize the location to the wish list.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
OraDotNetDev

Post by OraDotNetDev »

Thanks David,

Fair enough, but would it not be clearer to prevent users from saving elsewhere until the location can be customised?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I will bring it up with the team.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.