Problems with Cache Editor

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
lamiam1

Problems with Cache Editor

Post by lamiam1 »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2016 5.2.129
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit
PowerShell Version: 5.1

After some playing around with different AzureRM module versions, I now have a ton of duplicate entries in the PowerShell Studio Cache Editor. I understand it can be possible and sometimes desirable to have multiple versions of some PowerShell modules available on a system, but I would like to start from absolute scratch in the cache list. I tried uninstalling and re-installing PowerShell Studio, but I still have all the same entries in the Cache Editor list. Is there a way to start from scratch?

Thanks.

Mike

DevinL
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Cache Editor

Post by DevinL »

Might I ask why you would want to start from scratch?

If you delete the files it could potentially cause problems down the road whereas leaving them there should have no ill effect.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

lamiam1

Post by lamiam1 »

I have found that when I upgrade to the newer versions of the modules, the modules being check marked in the Cache Editor are not the latest versions. So I've had to manually go and select the newest versions of the modules in these cases.

DevinL
Site Admin

Post by DevinL »

When you update your modules, do you rebuild your cache? When the cache is being rebuilt it'll select the latest version of the module that's installed.

To do this simply press the rebuild cache button after updating your modules:
Rebuild_Cache.png
Rebuild_Cache.png (16.43 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.