cacheexport fails to run

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dave.fassett@darigold.com

cacheexport fails to run

Post by dave.fassett@darigold.com »

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 5.2.128
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64
PowerShell Version: 5

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

Having problems with CacheExport. I have tried to run this on half a dozen different servers running Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, and 2012 R2 and I get the same error on all: This program can't start because mfc110u.dll is missing from your computer.

I searched this forum and found instructions to install vcredist_x64 which I tried by downloading from your site and microsoft... no sucess.

Please help.

Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: cacheexport fails to run

Post by Alexander Riedel »

vcredist_x64 is a generic name, please go to your control panel and list exactly what visual Studio runtime versions you have installed.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

The one I downloaded and installed from your site looks to be 11.0.61030.

the server itself has many versions installed from 9.0.21022 to 12.0.30501... that show in the programs and features control panel... if there is another way to look I don't know it.
Alexander Riedel

11.0.61030 is the right one. You need the 32 bit runtime for the 32 bit version of CacheExport and the 64 bit runtime for the 64 bit version. Ideally you should ALWAYS install them both on a 64 bit machine.
Run registercontrols from the cacheexport package. what does that display?
Alexander Riedel

running registercontrols.exe gives the same error "program can't start because mfc110u.dll is missing..."
Alexander Riedel

Please install the 32 bit version of the Visual Studio 2012 runtime.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 7 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.