Properties panel not updating since update 125

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Lembasts
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Properties panel not updating since update 125

Post by Lembasts »

Product, version and build: 2016
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: win7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64
PowerShell Version: 5.2.128

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

Following up from the last locked post...

When you have a psf file open, there are two tabs - Script and designer.
When you click on a psf file and the script tab is displayed by default, then the properties window displays the properties of the psf file which is good.
If I then click on the designer tab of that psf file, what used to happen was that the form control was automatically selected and the properties window would change to list the form control's properties.
Since update 125, the latter bit doesnt happen. You click on the designer tab and the form control is selected, but the properties window still displays the psf file properties.

Cheers
David
DevinL

Re: Properties panel not updating since update 125

Post by DevinL »

We've had this reported one other time and I'm still unable to reproduce this.

Can you export your editor settings for PowerShell Studio and upload them to https://sapien.com/support/uploads? I feel as though it's a particular setting that's causing this issue but I can't narrow down which.

If you're able to, you can export your settings by going to File -> Options -> General -> Save Editor Settings:
Save_Editor_Settings.png
Save_Editor_Settings.png (131.07 KiB) Viewed 3535 times
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

zipped xml uploaded
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

I managed to reproduce this and have filed an internal bug report.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, when I get some more information I'll be sure to post it here.
DevinL
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

Thanks heaps! Phew - it wasnt just me then :-)
Look forward to the fix in 5.2.129
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

No worries! Rest easy knowing it's not something wrong on your end, just a pesky bug :P

And while I've let the developers know, I, unfortunately, can't promise that it'll make it in 5.2.129.
DevinL
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

I can confirm at this point that the fix will be in 5.2.129, so hooray! As for when exactly it will be available, I can't say, but when it does go out if you could update your installation to make sure it works it'd be much appreciated.

If you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to post again.
DevinL
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

We released the latest version of PowerShell Studio (5.2.129) yesterday which includes the fix for this bug.

If you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to post again.
DevinL
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

Thanks heaps! I have just installed 129 and confirmed that the issue has been fixed.
Cheers
David
This topic is 7 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.