Updater dies!

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DevinL

Re: Updater dies!

Post by DevinL »

After some further testing, I still haven't been able to reproduce this. I did look up the error code from the very first email you sent us with the screenshots and the error it provided was "Unknown software exception" which doesn't really help lead us anywhere.

The fact that you're able to see you have updates available and that you can start the download means you can connect to our servers, but something is causing the download to fail in between. Usually, this is an anti-virus or protection software of some sort.

With that, let's try and figure out if this is a network issue or a machine specific problem. Do you have another machine on your network you can download PowerShell Studio on and try to update that?
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
monoeagle

Post by monoeagle »

"anti-virus or protection software of some sort"

This we can exclude, because my PSS VM doesn't have any antivir or protection software in it.
Just clean Win7 ENT x64. Network will only be activated for updating purpose or script tests for networking.

As VM plattform I use Fusion 7 from VmWare on my MBP(2011) with MacOSX 10.9.5.

At the moment I'm on vacation, when I'm back I'll test the update scenario on a Win10 fat client, got a present(Surface Pro 4) last month. =)
But the thoughts relative to the updating process is, all the updating processes before have been working correctly.

My PSS Environment doesn't changed, just used for scripting and got PSS updates if needed. =)
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Congrats on the Surface Pro 4! I've heard great things about them so here's to hoping it serves you well :)

As for the problem at hand, I'll try and reproduce this with Win7 Enterprise if I can find an ISO. Otherwise, I await the results of your test after vacation.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
monoeagle

Post by monoeagle »

Thanks a lot. The Surface 4 Pro(16gb, 256gb ssd, i7) is a very nice peace of hardware. Place 1/2 awardees got a Surface Book. =) My place was just 2/2, but it's ok.
Gifted 2k EUR hw for a little task. Same/Newer hw as my MBPs(2011) and this on 12". Light, fast, power for long runs, super display and the pen is usable.

I'm happy, because there were a lot participants and I didn't calculate to be place 1 or 2. On the attachment the surface 4 pro is pushing between my MBP work equipment. =)

After my vacation I'll inform you with the result of the test.
Attachments
workplace.jpg
workplace.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1808 times
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.