Code folding enabled but not folded?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
OldLost

Code folding enabled but not folded?

Post by OldLost »

PowerShell Studio 2016 v5.2.127 x64
Windows Server 2012 R2 64bit

I have code folding enabled, which works fine. However, is there an option somewhere I'm just not finding that, upon opening a file it is not folder by default? While I do want the ability to fold code when needed, I'd like to have it unfolded when I open a file. As it is I keep having to press Ctrl-+ each time I open a file.
DevinL

Re: Code folding enabled but not folded?

Post by DevinL »

Currently code folding only persists for regions, we don't store the script or comment blocks folding.

If you'd like, you can request this feature in our Wishlist and Feature Requests forum and we'll see what we can do to make this happen.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

My apologies, I seem to have misunderstood exactly what you were requesting. I've passed this on to the developers and will post here whenever I have some more information.
DevinL
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

I'm terribly sorry for the delay but I have heard back from the developers and if you're using a region in a script then it will be collapsed when you open the script again.

I've filed a feature request in our internal system and whenever we get it added I'll be sure to update this post letting you know.
DevinL
OldLost

Post by OldLost »

Just to be clear I was not asking for a restore upon loading of folded state of regions, but the ability to open a file and have all regions unfolded to start. Right now if code-folding is enabled and I open a file all regions are folded; I'd like the option to have all regions to start unfolded.

Thanks for looking into this issue.
Last edited by OldLost on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

No worries, I made sure to note that in the Feature Request as well as linked back to this original post for further clarity, as soon as I have some more information I'll let you know.
DevinL
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

We released the latest version of PowerShell Studio (5.2.129) yesterday which includes the option to leave regions unfolded on startup. It's available under File -> Options -> Editor -> Collapse regions on load.
Collapse_Regions.png
Collapse_Regions.png (32.05 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
If you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to post again.
DevinL
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.