The application was unable to start correctly

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
russrimm

Re: The application was unable to start correctly

Post by russrimm » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:51 am

Here's my processmon output of everything happening with CacheManager64.exe
Attachments
Sapien.CSV
(65.34 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Alexander Riedel

Post by Alexander Riedel » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:33 am

Anything in the system log about the crash? I am also assuming you verified that this is not an issue on a VM that is not configured for technical previews. I recall someone else having a problem because Microsoft screwed up PowerShell runspaces in a preview build, but I do not recall the exact version number.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

russrimm

Post by russrimm » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Only thing in System eventlog is the error itself "Application popup: CacheManager64.exe - Application Error : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. "
I did try it on a non preview build and it works, but am reeeally trying to avoid reimaging my machine :|. I was upgraded to a newer technical preview recently but unfortunately that didn't fix it either.

Alexander Riedel

Post by Alexander Riedel » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:28 pm

I will try to get something from the PowerShell team about these breaking changes. I cannot promise if and when they reply to this.
Alexander Riedel

Alexander Riedel

Post by Alexander Riedel » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:12 am

Can you please provide the output from the $psversiontable as well as any relevant entries from your system logs?
Alexander Riedel

Alexander Riedel

Post by Alexander Riedel » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Try uninstalling the 2012 runtimes (32 and 64 bit) and re-installing them.
Alexander Riedel