Building Scripts

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
darkprofit

Building Scripts

Post by darkprofit » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:21 am

In powershell studio 2016, is it possible when building a script into an exe to include a routine to check what version of powershell is installed on the target machine prior to executing the rest of the exe. If it determined that the proper version of powershell is not installed to exit the exe?

Also when building a script into an exe I have noticed that when specifying the platform at 32 bit the exe's that are built don't always run on 64 Bit machines. However when you build the same script for 64bit it works with no issues. Since we have a mixture of both 32bit and 64bit machines in our organization, can I specify both platforms when I build the script.

Alexander Riedel

Re: Building Scripts

Post by Alexander Riedel » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:59 am

Topic moved by moderator. Please post product support questions in the corresponding product forum. Posting elsewhere may cause us to miss your post or you may get a delayed answer.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

Alexander Riedel

Re: Building Scripts

Post by Alexander Riedel » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:09 am

For the first part, we did not add this because powershell already has a mechanism for that. See #requires.
As for the second part, coming soon.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.