Context Help Content no longer showing after upgrade

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bill-douse

Context Help Content no longer showing after upgrade

Post by bill-douse »

PowerShell Studio 2021 (64 Bit)
PS Studio Build: v5.8.191
OS Build: v10.0.19043.0
PSVersion: 5.1.19041.1023
PSEdition : Desktop
PSBuildVersion: 10.0.19041.1023

I recently updated to the new PS Studio v5.8.191, and my context help panel no longer shows any help content. I have performed an Update-Help, which appeared to complete successfully. See attached screenshot of the "Show Help" results in both the Help and Output Panels.

Thanks,
Bill
Attachments
Context-Help-Screenshot.png
Context-Help-Screenshot.png (161.25 KiB) Viewed 8975 times
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Context Help Content no longer showing after upgrade

Post by brittneyr »

I've been able to replicate the issue with the Help pane not showing cmdlet help information and have filed a bug report for the development team. When I have more information, I'll let you know.

As for the error you are getting from ImportExcel module, are other modules also giving you this error when attempting to update help?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
bill-douse

Post by bill-douse »

The error shown in the graphic happens every time I select Refresh Help from the ImportExcel context menu. The error and missing content only happen on the ImportExcel module. All other modules appear to be working just fine. I am using the ImportExcel module in my application and it appears to be working fine. It's just the lack of context help for that module that is the issue.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

PowerShell Studio service build 5.8.193 has been released. Please try it and let me know if this is still an issue.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.