Primal script 2016 64 bit ver 7.2.84

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
UCPocoAPocoToo

Primal script 2016 64 bit ver 7.2.84

Post by UCPocoAPocoToo »

Product, version and build: 7.2.84
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: 10x64
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

Hi,

I am being pressed to get my windows 10 X 64 bit image ready for production. I am having issue with compiled vbs or ps1 scripts. After compiling as sapien powershell V5 Host (Windows) win32 or sapien powershell V4 Host (Windows) win32 or sapien powershell V3 Host (Windows) win32 or sapien powershell V5 Host (Windows) win64 or sapien powershell V4 Host (Windows) win64 or or sapien powershell V3 Host (Windows) win64 the script hangs and does not exist after running. I have scripts calling other scripts, but if script 2 hangs then I cannot continue.

I have no issues with the above on windows 7x32, 7x64 and 8.1 x64 bit only on windows 10 x64 bit.

The script runs, but after it completes, the process still hangs in task manager causing the main script to wait indefinitely. What steps do I need to take to have my scripts run and exist from task manager on windows 10 x64 bit?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Primal script 2016 64 bit ver 7.2.84

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We will need a little more information. For one you say vbs scripts but you only mention Powershell engines. Can you clarify that?
Secondly I assume that when you say "does not exist after running." you mean "does not exit after running" Exit as in terminate. If the script erases itself and does not exist (as in being an actual file), that would make it an entirely different problem.

If you have a script make a blocking call to another script and this other script hangs, yes, the original process will not exit and keep running.
This sounds to me like a general scripting question on how to execute external code rather than an actual problem with the packager.
If that is the case I can move this thread to a more appropriate forum.

In general you should always make sure your code works as a simple script on the desired platform before packaging into an exe.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
UCPocoAPocoToo

Post by UCPocoAPocoToo »

Hi,
the issue is also occurring on vb script as well. After 3 full days, I figure where the issue is coming from. If you compile the below code as sapien powershell V(X) Host (Windows) win32 or 64 bit and or vbscript compiled as sapien script host (windows) x32 or x64, it will not exit, the script process will hang. e.g compile the exe as test.exe, the process will hang indefinitely as test.exe. If you rem out the below lines for either vbscript or ps script it will exit gracefully.

vbscript.
Set Shell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
intReturn = Shell.Popup("Test Completed.",3, "Test Completed")

powerShell
$Popup = $Shell.Popup("Test Completed.",3, "Test Completed")

Please note, the above is not a message box and should terminate after 3 seconds on its own. How do I get it to work compiled?
Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The Shell object is a Microsoft component. We have no influence over that nor any direct knowledge. So for detailed information you would have to ask Microsoft.
If you ask me to guess, I would think that since you use these popup in a process that has no message loop, because it was intended to run a script, so the WM_TIMER message will never reach that window. If I understood you correctly, this only occurs on Windows 10. So it is feasible to assume that the Shell object changed for Windows 10, but again, only Microsoft would know for sure.

Probably your best bet is to communicate the state of your application in another fashion.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 8 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.