PrimalScript 2016 Packaging "Folders"

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Shane.Saviers

PrimalScript 2016 Packaging "Folders"

Post by Shane.Saviers »

Product, version and build: 7.2.82
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Win10 Ent
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

Trial version at the moment, awaiting purchasing process to finish.

I previously would package an HTA on PrimalScript 2012 into an exe file and then used the folders option under packaging to unpack temporary script files into the root location of the exe which allowed for relative pathing in the hta for CSS/images and other files. I don't see how I define that now in the PrimalScript 2016 package settings.

Is this no longer an option and if not what would be my alternatives aside from redefining absolute paths in my hta.
- Shane Saviers
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScript 2016 Packaging "Folders"

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The default is to unpack the temporary script file into the current directory. Which SHOULD be the same folder where the exe resides in, unless you specify that differently in a shortcut for example.
The other options have been removed since they basically were too error prone.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Shane.Saviers

Post by Shane.Saviers »

yea I am not seeing that happening at the moment although before you just had MSHTA as the option where now you can define 64 vs x86, not that it should make a difference. I will fire up a procmon session to try and track where the actual temp hta is living here in a bit.
- Shane Saviers
Alexander Riedel

Before the 32 vs 64 bit option was a checkbox. Now you select the corresponding engine.
Let me know what you see on your system and I can check more closely.
Alexander Riedel
Shane.Saviers

Post by Shane.Saviers »

Looks like if I run procexp it shows the exe running with "Current Directory" as "C:\Temp". This applies when using both x64 and win32 MSHTA Engines.
- Shane Saviers
Alexander Riedel

Hmm, odd. Ok, I will check today, thanks.
Alexander Riedel
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, we believe we've solved the issue and the fix will be in the next service build.
DevinL
Shane.Saviers

Post by Shane.Saviers »

good stuff, its something I primarily depend on so this is good news.
- Shane Saviers
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.