ScriptMerge 2014: no popup when files are identical

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DiZzyDmon
Has voted: 1 time

ScriptMerge 2014: no popup when files are identical

Post by DiZzyDmon »

I just installed PrimalScript 2014 64-bit on my Windows 7 64-bit computer, which installed ScriptMerge 2014 64-bit (version 1.3.57).

In older versions of ScriptMerge, when the files being compared were identical, you'd get a popup stating that fact. With the new version, nothing happens. I have to scroll down through all the text, looking for highlighted changes, and assume that the files are the same if I don't notice any differences. That's not very helpful.

Is this expected?
Last edited by DiZzyDmon on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: ScriptMerge 2014: no popup when files are identical

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The popup is completely unnecessary and just requires you to acknowledge something you can already see.

If two compared files are different, the corresponding UI items for navigating these differences become active:
9-4-2014 10-36-16 AM.png
9-4-2014 10-36-16 AM.png (118.32 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
If the compared files are identical, the same navigation elements remain disabled, indicating that there is nothing to navigate.
9-4-2014 10-38-10 AM.png
9-4-2014 10-38-10 AM.png (110.24 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DiZzyDmon
Has voted: 1 time

Re: ScriptMerge 2014: no popup when files are identical

Post by DiZzyDmon »

I liked the popup better, but thanks for the tip. I will now pay attention to the Block section of the ribbon. It works exactly as you described. Greyed out is good. 8-)
This topic is 9 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.