Allow only one instance - Broken

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 15 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bmclain

Post by bmclain »

I just upgraded to the 4.5.572 build and now the Allow only one instance isn't working correctly. If I have PrimalScript open, then I go out and double click on a .vbs file, it opens another instance of PrimalScript. I don't remember it behaving like this in the previous build.Thanks,Brian
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Hello Brian,

I was unable to reproduce this issue. What operating system are you currently using?

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
bmclain

Post by bmclain »

I am using Vista with Service Pack 1. Also make sure the original PrimalScript window doesn't already have the VBScript open. This only happens when the VBScript you are opening isn't already open with PrimalScript.
davidc

Post by davidc »

We were still unable to reproduce the issue on Vista Service Pack 1 system.

Can you explain step by step what exactly you are doing to produce the issue? Discribe how you started PrimalScript and how you opened the VBScript file. I want to make sure we have followed the same exact steps as you did. In addition, did you keep your original settings when you upgraded to the latest version? Running a clean install can sometimes resolve settings issues.

Thank you,

David
David
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Allow me to step in here. Normally double clicking is not associated with opening a VBS in PrimalScript.
How did you associate it and can you export the VBSfile registry node and attach it here?

Alex
Alexander Riedel
bmclain

Post by bmclain »

I had used Open With - Choose Default Program - then selected Primalscript under the recommended programs. I went back in and clicked browse and drilled down to the primalscript.exe application. Now it's working. Not sure what was going on before. I checked my hard drive for different versions of primalscript and this is the only one I have. Not sure what happened. I've typically been doing reinstall with the new versions, but this time the notes said to use repair. Don't know if that might have caused it.
davidc

Post by davidc »

It could have been a number of things, but I'm glad to hear that it is now working.

David
David
This topic is 15 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.